Bachelor's Degree in Applied Psychology
Top 10 Reasons You Should Get a BS in Applied Psychology at Hodges U:
- Study human psychology, human behavior, and how to motivate others through a variety of projects, and discussions, including student favorite “Experimental Psychology” class.
- Learn the scientific methodology behind psychology.
- Develop strong critical thinking skills and apply psychological concepts to problem-solving situations.
- Strengthen both oral and written communication skills through class discussions, group projects, and essays.
- Create a mock treatment plan through a realistic simulation that includes reading a detailed intake scenario and acting as an intake specialist for a variety of client care situations, including anxiety or substance abuse treatment.
- Learn how to refer clients to community agencies based on their diagnoses, situations, and client needs.
- Learn strengths-based community approaches for helping individuals in need.
- Courses include a blended format of video recordings, and you may participate in live-chat discussions providing an avenue for shared experiences in a virtual environment.
- Engage in authentic learning environments helping you to retain the information through our interactive discussions and simulations.
- Take advantage of Specialty Certification in Substance Abuse Counseling which is designed to prepare students for the Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) certification from the Florida Certification Board.