Associate of Arts Degree in General Studies
Get Ready for a Flexible Degree
- The AA Degree is an Ideal Starting Point for students who aren’t sure how to proceed but know they want a degree.
- Students take Electives to Identify Areas of Interest while earning General Education Credits to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- Receive Quality Skill Development that prepares students with the general knowledge needed to function in today’s society through coursework in Environmental Studies, Algebra, Sociology, Humanities, Diversity, and Governments.
- Opportunity to Enhance Knowledge in subjects like Computer Applications, Interpersonal Communication, Speech Communication, Literacy, and Critical Thinking.
- It may be possible to Increase Earning Potential. BLS Studies show Associate Degree-Holders earn more annually than High School Graduates.
Why Hodges is the Right College for You
- Attend college while you work with flexible online and evening courses.
- Offered Online or Blended.
- Explore your preferred Degree Majors through elective credits in Criminal Justice, Digital Design and Graphics, Health Sciences, Pre-Dental, Pre-Nursing, Pre-PTA, or customize a degree with electives of your choice.
- It may be possible to Complete Your Degree Quickly with monthly course start dates.
- Credits earned may Transfer to Hodges’ Bachelor’s Degree programs.
- Hodges University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The Guide to Online Schools: 2020 Best Online Colleges in Florida
The Best Schools: The Best Online Colleges in Florida
College Affordability Guide: 2020 Top Online Colleges in Florida
Best College Reviews: A Guide To Online Colleges In Florida
Military Times: Best For Vets Colleges 2020
Begin your Journey in General Studies at Hodges U
An Associate of Arts (AA) Degree in General Studies from Hodges University can prepare you for a multitude of career paths and future opportunities while providing you with the building blocks of a well-rounded education in liberal arts. Broaden your knowledge in a variety of areas such as humanities and social sciences, literacy, communications, and critical thinking while preparing to pursue future academic goals of higher education and personal interests.
With the Associate of Arts Degree from Hodges University, you can choose the prerequisite general education courses designed to prepare you to pursue future degrees in fields such as Accounting, Criminal Justice, Digital Design and Graphics, Health Sciences, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Physical Therapy Assistant (Pre-PTA), and so much more! Most, if not all, credits are likely to transfer into the majority of Hodges’ Bachelor’s degree programs and, with monthly course start dates, you will achieve your degree before you know it.
Barbara Key-Ramos – General IDS Studies, and Proud Hodges Grad
“The education at Hodges has made a tremendous and powerful impact on my career choice. Further, the education I obtained from Hodges helps me to use critical analysis for challenges and choices in making decisions and problem-solving from the micro, macro, and mezzo social levels in all aspects of my professional life,” said Ramos.