Get Training for an In-Demand Career as a Direct Support Professional!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Workshop
Description: With this certification program, you will obtain training to provide Direct Support services for individuals with Intellectual and Development disabilities (such as Autism, Down Syndrome and so many more). You will receive certificates for virtual and live training with a certified professional.
- You will complete all of the training required to provide all Direct Care services in the State of Florida.
- You will be CPR Certified.
- You will learn the basics of using Microsoft Office 365.
- You will also learn essential communication strategies for the workplace including written and oral communication and critical thinking.
Program Duration: 3 weeks
Program Cost: $299
Delivery Method: Blended – online coursework and in-person workshops
Date: Learn more about our next cohort (limited enrollment) today! The next program dates are: July 12 – July 30.
This is a non-degree-seeking course offered to connect you with the employer demanded skills you need to succeed.
Who should take the Direct Support Professional course?
Training is required to provide any and all Direct Care services in the State of Florida in the following programs:
- Life Skills Development 1 (LSD1)
- Life Skills Development 2 (LSD2)
- Personal Supports
- Residential Habilitation
- Support Coordination
- Supported Living Coaching
- Life Skills Development 3 (LSD3) – Adult Day Training (ADT)
- Program Instructors
- Program Coordinators
- Program Supervisor
- Program Manager
- Behavior Analysis Services
At the completion of this certificate program, you will have the following certificates through TRAIN Florida (all virtual):
- APD – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- APD – Zero Tolerance
- FDOH HIV/AIDS 101 In the News
- APD – Direct Care Core Competencies
Additional Training Certificates you will receive at the end of the program:
- Overview of APD Waiver Provider Requirements
- Epilepsy/VNS Training
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Training
- Disability Etiquette
- Case Note Training
- De-Escalation /Positive Intervention Training
- Sure-Lok Training – Wheelchair Securement
- CPR & First Aid