Want to Join the Elite Team of #HodgesHeroes with our EMT Certification, Paramedic Certificate, or AS - EMS Paramedic Degree Program?
No matter your current level, we have the pathway to help you achieve your dreams of becoming a first responder. Simply pick from your current standing below and we can help you through the process from start to finish.
Let’s Get Started!
Are you new to the first responder field? Start Here.
If you have no experience/training in the EMS, EMT, or Paramedic Field, then start with the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification Program offered through Hodges Connect.
Top 5 Reasons to take the (non-credit) EMT Certification Course with Hodges Connect at Hodges University:
- Accelerated Pace. This program can be completed in 7 weeks, which is half of the time offered by other local programs. We have several cohorts available:
- May 3, 2021 – June 18, 2021 (coursework available online, in-person laboratory component will take place nights and weekends)
- July 19, 2021- Sep 5, 2021 (in-person)
- October 18, 2021 – December 12, 2021 (in-person)
- Clinical Flexibility. Clinical and internship requirements may be completed at either Lee or Collier healthcare facilities.
- Shift Flexibility. Clinical and internship requirements take place during the weekend and evening hours.
- Inclusive Program Offerings. CPR certification and job placement assistance are just some of the services offered with this course.
- Convenience. This program does not require traditional enrollment into the University. No need to complete FAFSA! Just pay the $100 non-refundable deposit (which will be applied to the tuition if you take the course) to start the process, and you may even be eligible for low or no cost tuition assistance through CareerSource. To see if you’re eligible, fill out an inquiry form with them to start the eligibility process.
If you qualify for full funding from CareerSource, you will not need to provide a deposit to ensure your spot in the program (after acceptance), just notification from CareerSource will be enough to hold your space. So, be sure to apply today to secure your acceptance into the program!
Sign up today to secure your spot in our upcoming session!
Want a Paramedic Certificate without the general education requirements?
Our Paramedic Certificate Program may be just what you are looking for!
The paramedic certificate program is designed to provide students with entry-level skills and knowledge to work as a State of Florida paramedic. Graduates will be eligible to take the State of Florida certificate examination required to practice in the field. Students are prepared for careers in pre-hospital emergency medicine which enables graduates to be employed as field paramedics in a variety of settings, such as fire-rescue departments, public and private ambulance services, and aero-medical services, hospitals, and police departments. Students will attend lecture and laboratory classes, hospital clinical and ambulance internships. The 42-credit hour certificate program can be completed in three consecutive sessions. Limited enrollment is available. Apply Today!
*The paramedic program has a limited enrollment due to clinical facilities and accreditation standards. Admission requirements include current Florida EMT-Basic certification, current CPR certification, satisfactory completion of immunization and health report, and satisfactory completion of college-approved criminal advisory background check completed at the applicant’s expense.
Ready to Earn Your Degree?
Do you already have a Florida certificate in EMT and previous college credits or a degree? If yes, then the next step would be to apply to Hodges University and have your transcript evaluated by your personal admissions advisor to make sure that you have the required prerequisites for the Paramedic Degree Program. Don’t worry, if for some reason you do not have enough / or the correct credits for the program, your admissions advisor can walk you through the steps you need to be ready to start the Paramedic Degree Program.
If you do not have the required prerequisites, don’t worry, it is easy to apply to complete the general education requirements before taking the Paramedic Degree Program. Your admissions advisor can help walk you through this process.
Why Choose Hodges U?
- Approval. The Hodges University Paramedic Program is approved by the Florida Department of Health. All instruction meets the requirements of the Florida administrative code, Chapter 64J Emergency Medical Services.
- Letter of Review. The Hodges University Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP Executive Office). This letter is not a CAAHEP accreditation status, and it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT’s Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
- Flexibility. Shift-friendly class schedule to accommodate those currently employed.
- Learn Your Way. Students can take their general education courses on campus or online.
- Graduate Ready. Graduates are eligible to sit for the NREMT credentialing exam*
- Go Farther. Graduates earn the AS degree, which is a pathway to the Bachelor of Science degrees in Health Sciences and Health Service Administration.
* Upon successful completion of the AS degree EMS-Paramedic Program, students are eligible to sit for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification examination. After passing the NREMT exam, students are eligible for Florida certification as a Paramedic and ready to join healthcare teams in a variety of settings, such as fire-rescue departments, public and private ambulance services, aeromedical services, hospitals, and police departments.
Stay Near. Go Far. Hodges University
Kevin Nelmes, Award-Winning Hodges Graduate and Adjunct Professor
Long before Kevin Nelmes discovered Hodges University and its management program, he built a 20+ year career in private security, tactical medicine, and explosive detection with working K9s. Additionally, he spent 15 years working (EMS) in Southwest Florida and has taken his educational background in management and used it as a unique way to grow personally and professionally, all while continuing to help others in need.
Combining his professional, educational, and personal experience, Nelmes spends much of his time teaching for organizations such as Special Operations Medical Association (SOMA), Urban Shield, the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT), Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), and the Committee for TECC/K9-TECC Working Group.
In addition, not only is he continuing to work for local fire and EMS, but he returned to his alma mater in August 2017 to serve as an adjunct faculty member.