Pursue Your Passion With A Health Sciences Degree
Affordable Schools: 25 Most Affordable Online 4-Year Latinx/Hispanic-Serving Colleges
Great College Deals: 20 Best Deals on Small Colleges in Florida
Military Times: Best for Vets: Colleges 2020
Military Benefits.info: Veteran Friendly Colleges 2020
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
What You Can Do With A Health Sciences Degree
Hodges’ Bachelor’s in Health Sciences is a multidisciplinary studies degree for health science majors that allows students to complete our core curriculum while choosing select electives best suited to their chosen graduate studies and career objectives.
- Receive personalized attention that helps you choose electives that will help you lay a foundation for graduate school for careers such as physicians, physician assistants, therapists, medical scientists, and more.
- Our health sciences degree is an ideal choice for those looking for careers in healthcare positions such as wellness, supervisory roles, administrative/clerical, communications, or health education.
- Health Sciences is an ideal bachelor’s degree path for graduates from any AA or AS degree, such as in PTA, Nursing, EMS, or Healthcare Office Administration. Those who have graduated from our AS in PTA or AS in EMS programs may be able to earn the BS degree faster by completing a few general education courses, chemistry and microbiology, and some additional elective credits without taking other chemistry or biology courses.
- Develop knowledge and skills in critical thinking, planning, organizational, collaborative, and computer/written skills in our lab environments; skills that may help you achieve success in your career starting day one.
Exceptional Training For Your Health Career
- Learn in our newly renovated Health Sciences Building, where you will have the opportunity to network and mentor with fellow students preparing you to work in collaborative environments.
- Gain in-depth skills in stimulating lab environments where you will have the opportunity to transform bacteria to make it glow, extract DNA from fungi, and even test your own DNA.
- Acquire experience in how to perform analysis on DNA using lab equipment found in the workplace such as DNA extraction columns, centrifuges, electrophoresis instruments, and PCR machines.
- Receive training in chemistry classes about potential uses of household chemicals.
- Discover the sources of energy in food, and how the body processes this energy.
- Develop skills in the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Train on how to follow sterile techniques (avoid/protect from contaminations) and explore the prevalence of microorganisms (bacteria and mold) through interactive microbiology labs.
- Hodges University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Now Enrolling Health Science Students, Apply Today!
Associate of Arts in Health Sciences
AA in Health Sciences
Receive introductory education in healthcare for entry-level careers or to pursue your BS in Health Sciences.
- Complete the core curriculum and have the flexibility to choose science and general electives to match the requirements of the professional career and/or school of your choice.
- Gain basic education in subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology, and Microbiology.
- Complete courses and acquire knowledge required to apply into our limited enrollment AS in PTA, AS in EMS, BS in Nursing, or BS in Healthcare Services Administration or Health Sciences programs.
- Learn in our newly renovated Health Sciences Building, where opportunities to develop networking and mentorship with fellow students may help you succeed in your future career.