Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies
What is Interdisciplinary Studies?
The Interdisciplinary Studies Degree allows students to customize a degree based on individual passions, learning experiences, interests, and talents through the integration of electives combined with the core studies required for a bachelor’s degree. It is the most diverse and flexible degree program offered and has one of the highest credit transferability rates.
According to the Best Value Schools, “Most college programs feature required courses that you must take, but you may find that those courses don’t relate to what you want to study or even what you want to do with your degree. An interdisciplinary studies major, sometimes called a general studies major at some schools, features a number of different courses that let you customize your degree and select what you want to study.”
According to LinkedIn, soft skills are those necessary for interpersonal relationships that allow us to “get things done” and are expected to remain in high demand. “Topping this year’s list are creativity, collaboration, persuasion, and emotional intelligence—all skills that demonstrate how we work with others and bring new ideas to the table. Four of the five most in-demand soft skills remain in their top spots year over year, further reinforcing that these skills are evergreen—they’re likely to remain the top skills that companies want in star employees.”
The Best Schools: The Best Online Colleges in Florida
Affordable Schools: 25 Most Affordable Online 4-Year Latinx/Hispanic-Serving Colleges
The Guide to Online Schools: 2020 Best Online Colleges in Florida
Military Times: Best for Vets: Colleges 2020
Online Schools Center: Top Accredited Online Colleges for 2020
Interdisciplinary Studies Uniquely Qualifies Graduates For Success!
- Actively plan electives with Hodges U staff to design an ideal degree to uniquely qualify you for success.
- Engage in practical project-based learning that may ready students with skills in research, critical thinking, problem-solving, or innovation.
- Take classes formulated to provide new knowledge that helps students learn to analyze business disciplines objectively.
- Learn about core competencies such as Global Awareness and Diversity Management, providing the basis to understand and respect multiple disciplines.
- The BS Interdisciplinary Studies may prepare you for future education, such as a Master’s Degree or Graduate Certifications.
Hodges Provides You Needed Flexibility
- Hodges U offers five areas of specialty: General IDS Studies; Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Studies; Management Studies; Legal Studies; or Digital Design and Graphics.
- Ideal choice for students planning to transfer. Please contact an admissions advisor to discuss transfer credit eligibility.
- Accelerate learning through monthly class start dates.
- Hodges University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Hodges University Among 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Florida.
Prepare for Positions in Fields Such As:
- Civil Services
- Social Services
- Community Leadership and Development
- Cultural and Environmental Studies
- Human Resources
- General Business
Choose a Flexible Degree Custom Designed For You!
Don’t wait, Apply Today!
Robyn Crawford: Interdisciplinary Studies Graduate Achieving Success in the Field of Law
Hodges was a stepping-stone on my way to achieving my ultimate goal of becoming a lawyer. The knowledge I obtained during my bachelor’s degree continues to help me in developing interpersonal connections in my career and understanding others, which is a skill important for my line of work. My greatest accomplishment is that through the help of Hodges University, I was able to become a licensed attorney by the age of 20!