Want an Amazing Career in Physical Therapy?
Enjoy A Rewarding Career As A Physical Therapy Assistant
In the accelerated and interactive Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program, you will receive the training needed to work under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist in the rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal and/or neuromuscular deficits, diseases, or disorders. As a PTA, your role is critical to the implementation of the Physical Therapy plan developed by the Licensed Physical Therapist.
Students Love Our PTA Program and it Shows! Hodges University has Received CAPTE Approval to Conduct Two Cohorts per Year. Apply Today!
Why Choose A CAPTE Accredited Program for Your Degree?
“CAPTE is the gold standard when it comes to accreditation,” said Dr. Cindy Vaccarino, PT, DPT, the PTA program director. “It’s the only Physical Therapy accreditation agency that is recognized by both the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.”
Currently, there are only 371 PTA programs nationally that have earned this accreditation. Hodges PTA students can complete the program in less than two years, thanks to its accelerated, daytime program.
Let’s Get Started!
Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Why You’ll Love PTA Work
Under the direction and supervision of physical therapists, you may
- Treat patients through exercise, gait, and balance training.
- Perform other therapeutic interventions such as electro-stimulation and ultrasound.
- Observe patient progress and report findings to the physical therapist.
- Assist patients with specific exercises.
- Educate patients and families about what to do after treatment.
Additionally, you can experience
- Intensive, limited cohort PTA program offered in On-Campus, Daytime Schedule. Monday-Friday.
- Limited-enrollment, fast-paced, accelerated day time program.
Hodges is the Right Choice!
- The Associate in Science in Physical Therapist Assistant program at Hodges University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Accelerated Program that may be completed in two years or less!
- AA in Health Sciences is offered in a Blended format, while the PTA program is available at our Fort Myers Campus.
- Receive Hands-on Training in our newly renovated, state of the art Health Sciences facility.
- Internships at Clinics that provide real-life experience
- Faculty are well-respected, experienced professionals credentialed, and accomplished in their fields of expertise.
- Support of Faculty and Staff devoted to helping you realize your dreams.
How Do I Apply to the PTA Program?
Physical Therapy Assistant Program Admission Requirements
There are prerequisites required to begin the AS in PTA program. These courses may be completed individually or as part of an AA in Health Sciences. Please note that completion of the AA in Health Sciences program at Hodges U makes you an excellent candidate for the PTA program, but does not guarantee your acceptance.
AS in PTA Admission Process:
Interested in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Hodges U? Here’s what you need to know to enroll.
- For consideration in the PTA Program, we’ll be looking at your GPA. You’ll need a 2.75 cumulative GPA in science, as well as an overall GPA of 2.75.
- You’ll need to complete a secondary application specifically for the PTA Program.
- We’ll expect you to complete 24 clinical hours of observation under a licensed PTA or PT.
- You need to successfully complete a drug and background screening.
- We’ll schedule a time to talk about the program and ask you some questions. You’ll also be able to evaluate if we’re the right fit for you. An essay will be a vital part of our conversation.
Complete the AS in PTA in 2 Years or Less!
Hodges’ interactive AS in PTA program may be completed in two years or less (however, it may take longer for some students). The PTA curriculum is a full-time, day program, running Monday through Friday from 8:30AM – 5:00PM. You will also participate in two internships consisting of 40 hours per week for seven weeks.
Let’s Get Started in PTA Today! We know you can do this.
How Do I Enroll in the PTA Program?
In order to apply, students must first complete several prerequisite courses before applying to the PTA Program. These courses may be completed individually or as part of an AA in Health Sciences. Please note that completion of the AA in Health Sciences program at Hodges U makes you an excellent candidate for the PTA program, but does not guarantee your acceptance. Please note, students who have completed the AA in Health Sciences program at Hodges U will still need to apply for the limited-enrollment PTA program (see instructions below).
The final step requires an application to the highly competitive PTA Program. Admission to the Program is based on academic performance and satisfactory completion of other requirements. Everyone interested and qualified should Apply to the highly competitive Physical Therapist Assistant Program by clicking the “Then, Apply to the PTA program” button below.
Questions about the application process? Please join us at the next PTA Informational Session so that Dr. Cindy Vacarrino, Director of the PTA Program, may assist you.
Hodges University Physical Therapist Assistant Program Accreditation
Physical Therapist Assistant Accreditation Information
The Associate in Science in Physical Therapist Assistant program at Hodges University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and graduates of the program are eligible to take the national licensing board exam required to practice in the field of physical therapy.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Hodges University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 239-938-7718 or email email@example.com.