Learn to Communicate Like a Pro with a Degree in Professional Communications from Hodges U!
Did you know that one of the top concerns employers have shared about new graduates and hires is their lack of communication skills in the workplace. From emails to client driven presentations, your aptitude to communicate effectively has the ability to make or break the momentum of a career.
This flexible degree program will teach you the foundations of verbal, nonverbal, written, interpersonal, and intercultural communication. Understand what constitutes good communication according to employers and how to understand body language and eye contact as it relates to effective communication skills. Additionally, students will develop teamwork and listening skills that make you an asset to employers worldwide.
Communications majors are in High Demand! The career outlook for those educated in communication skills, varies from 6-10% depending on your specific interest and career goals, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Associate Degree in Professional Communication
Learn Effective Communication for Workplace & Professional Situations
- Develop skills in verbal, nonverbal, written, interpersonal, and intercultural communication.
- Employer-driven training that provides a basis for good communication skill development.
- Discover knowledge of body language and eye contact as it relates to effective communication skills.
- Build teamwork and listening skills.
- Gain a competitive edge by obtaining workforce-demanded skill set.
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
Unrivaled Degree Program
- You likely won’t find this degree at other colleges and universities. It’s been developed based on the needs of employers in Southwest Florida.
- Skills learned in our degree program prepare you for local and global employers.
- Seamlessly transitions to Hodges bachelor level degrees in your field of interest.
- Regionally Accredited by SCACSCOC.
Eliana Tardio: Professional Communications Graduate
I love Professor [Andrea] Fortin, and I am honored she nominated me for Student of the Month. She is always ready to help, her door is always open to her students, and she is very flexible and creative when it comes to working with adult learners such as myself. I really appreciate that, and I can honestly say that connection has helped me achieve this dream of graduating in the U.S., and now, working towards my master’s degree.
I would tell them that choosing the right career is always an opportunity to grow as an individual because you don’t feel forced to complete a lesson or a class. Instead, you feel inspired and motivated to expand your personal abilities and be creative, to be your own boss, and to make the change you want to see happening in the world. Getting a degree is not about the title. It is about the knowledge that transforms you so you can become a better person.