Find Their Home At Hodges University
International Students Discover Competitive Edge At Hodges University!
Are you currently residing internationally and considering earning your education in the United States? You’ve found your home at Hodges University!
We’re focused on developing customized pathways for working students and have streamlined our admissions process to make it easy for our international applicants to find their success at Hodges U. Plus, it is our goal to build a diverse community and welcome students of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ability / disability.
Be Bold. Start Today.
Discover a distinctive academic experience when you choose Hodges University. We work with you to develop an educational pathway based on your passions. This individualized method allows us to build a plan designed specifically for you to succeed as you progress through your educational pathway. Plus, we offer monthly course start dates for our degree pathways making it easier than ever to achieve full-time status for your educational requirements.
You’ll love attending Hodges University in Naples and Fort Myers, Florida. Our tropical paradise is an oasis for people from all walks of life, called to the gulf coast of Florida by the palm trees, sunshine, and white sand beaches. Whether winter or summer, you’ll experience sunny, beautiful days that inspire you to create the life of your dreams in our well-maintained facilities.
Hodges University is a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school. What does that mean for you? We’re ready to help you achieve your education in the U.S. and we’ll make it easy for you to obtain the necessary documents to make your education possible. Let’s do this, together!
- Undergraduate Application Fee: $20
- Graduate Application Fee: $50
Please work with your admissions representative to establish the simplest way to provide your application fee.
Hodges University runs on a monthly intake system for all potential students that aligns with our monthly course start dates. You’ll need to evaluate when you’d like to start your education at Hodges and plan to begin the international studies application process at least 90 days (3 months) in advance. This will allow us to complete the processing of your application, additional records, and Visas.
International Admissions at Hodges U
Attending Hodges U is easy! We’ve streamlined the admissions process for our international students, making it easier than ever to attend college in the United States. We also offer online degree programs so even if you want to stay near your home, you can still attend Hodges U and go far in your life’s work.
Hodges University is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. And we’re excited that you’re considering Hodges for your degree! Potential international students are classified as such if they are not United States citizens, dual citizens, or permanent residents, and are applying for an F-1 student visa or a J-1 Exchange Visitor visa (exchange visitor visas may be used for either students or scholars). Please check with admissions regarding your desired degree program eligibility for international study as not all programs are authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Student Exchange Visitor Program, or U.S. Department of State to enroll international students.
There are several steps that you’ll be required to fulfill for eligibility to attend Hodges University and we’re ready and available to help you get started.
Steps for International Admission
- A completed application for admission and a non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts, formally evaluated by an approved evaluation agency, of all coursework not taken through an accredited U.S. institution. Visit naces.org for a list of approved agencies.
- Evidence of financial support showing proof of funding, sufficient to cover total yearly cost of attendance and general living expenses. The amount in the bank account statement(s) should be equivalent to two semesters of education and fees. You can use up to five (5) bank accounts maximum. Please speak with an admissions advisor to discuss your individual circumstances and how they may impact this requirement.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- All international applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency in one of the following ways
The requirement may also be satisfied by submitting one of the following:
- 650-word graded essay (for students who completed at least three consecutive years at an institution where English is the language of instruction)
- A score of 4 or 5 on the College Board Advanced Placement Program (AP) examination in English Language; OR
- 5 or higher on the IB (International Baccalaureate) Higher Level Language A examination in English; OR
- Predicted IB score of 32 or better
- Or completion of High School at an English speaking institution
Students from non-English speaking countries with no proof of English proficiency, or scores below the minimum requirement, will be conditionally accepted and must satisfy the English proficiency requirement before they start their degree program.
Native English speakers: Citizens of the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or other countries where English is the official language AND who do not fulfill any of the above requirements, should contact the Office of Admissions to determine how to meet admissions requirements
Once accepted, international students must pay the first session’s cost of attendance. Following that, students will be able to apply for the Form I-20 required to obtain a student VISA from officials in the student’s home country.
Additional International Student Information
For information pertaining to credits, scholarships and financial aid, medical insurance, and transportation please refer to Student Information at Hodges.edu and our Student Handbook for International Students.